Mansfield Children's Center
"Where Children Thrive"
The Morning Preschool Program serves children 3 to 4 years of age from 9:00am to 12:00pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Looking, touching, moving, questioning, exploring – Our curriculum and environment not only introduces our preschoolers to new skills, but also supports them in gaining a level of proficiency that builds confidence. Through large group, small group, and individual activities our teachers support the individual needs of each child by further challenging areas of strengths and scaffolding areas of growth.
Our teachers track our children’s progress within the domains of social-emotional, literacy, mathematics, artistic, and physical development through evidence-based portfolios received by the parents at the end of the year. Home activities are given to reinforce and expand on classroom lessons and support the parents’ role in their child’s academic experience. Throughout the year our parents are invited to attend performances and participate in events focused on specific skills being learned.
Our intimate personalized program set within our large school provides a wonderfully balanced experience for children attending school for the first time and their families with access to all our resources.
See our Morning Preschoolers’ daily schedule and further explore each of our curriculum areas.
Call to schedule a tour and visit our program in session!
What can preschoolers, parents, and teachers expect from the Preschool Program?
• Exposure to a wide variety of developmentally appropriate and challenging activities.
• A clear, consistent set of expectations within a predictable, yet flexible, routine.
• Guided experiences interacting with peers.
• A sense of pride in learning new skills that leads to greater independence.
• A clear picture of what MCC values and how we teach your child.
• Daily communication about your child’s activities and learning.
• A profile of the skills your child is developing.
• A trusting connection with MCC staff and opportunities to participate in your child’s educational experience.
• A trusting connection with each child and satisfaction in seeing him/her progress and grow.
• A profile of each child’s interests and a clear set of teaching objectives for each child.
• A structured, yet flexible, schedule that supports both the individual child’s and the group’s daily needs.
• Curriculum activities and mentoring support which allow teachers to provide children with continuity in their learning experiences
and which encourage teachers to help develop novel activities.
1100 School St.
Mansfield, MA 02048